Thursday 7 April 2011

Pictorial evidence of the last few days

Alright, been a while. Last few days have been spent mostly enjoying the sun. It's amazing how much better you feel when you wear a T-shirt. Urgh who needs coats.

Yesterday, I sat in the garden and read countless articles about the ineffectiveness of the PCC. That sounds boring but the phone hacking scandal really ruffles my feathers! (yeh my 70th's just round the corner...)

Sorry, this is a pretty picture, but the washing line ruins it a bit. Blame the padre, for making it impossible to take down.
And no, thats shadow, not a grey cloud. Good weather in the UK does last at least a few hours..

Currently trawling through my CD catalogue for 'cheese' for this weekend's set. Also, I've also started work on 2 pieces of season finale audio for my Sport Show. The last weekend of the season is 23rd April, then the last game is on the bank holiday Monday - the 25th. I'm on live covering both days so don't miss, get the dates in the diary!! I've got some big plans that involve a personal mix of Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Of course the audio will be on the Louis Chadwick online site after the shows go out :)

Last Sunday I went with my fam and friend to see Eliza Doolittle in Leamington. Very entertaining night. She of course played a former record of the week of mine:



Now, one of our shows on Banbury Sound, Cortina Nights, celebrates everything about the Leamington Assembly. So, I did try and blag my way backstage. The guy wasn't having any of it, but you're not to know that. Met Eliza, went to the pub with her band and partied into the early hours..
It sounds more glam than saying I went to McDonalds drive-thru. That definitely didn't happen.


Here's one for you, have you ever tried a Pizza Naan? Bloomin' good. Think it was a Nigella recipe I used to love years ago!

Grab a naan, drip some water on front and back, chuck in the oven wrapping in tin foil for about 4/5 mins. Take it out, smear some tomato puree on it, grated cheese and your choice topping - back in the oven till that all melts :)

You can go to town: get a peshwari, keema naan etc.



I'd like to introduce a new feature to this blog as well:

Idiot(s) of the week!
When Lucie asked for some help with filling up, I just thought she couldn't hold a nozzle. No, half an hour it took us to try and remove the fuel filler cap for a VW Polo. Man, I love my righty-tighty-lefty-loosy screw cap :)

 Ciao for now x