Tuesday 27 December 2011

Yuletide is high

Hope you've had a lovely Christmas. What a great time of the year - it's been a most enjoyable yuletide, let's raise a glass to 2011.

This is just a flying post, I'm off out in a second - I'm finding this transition period from Christmas to the New Year really disorienting, I have no idea what day it is. In fact, my phone is still stuck in Boxing Day. It's been reading 26th December all day.

Well, unlike my phone, I've moved on and I'm back to working away. I've come up with a programme idea for a Uni assignment and it's now just a matter of writing that up into a proposal.

Got some very exciting things ahead in 2012, even this coming January is going to be great. My whole aim for the new year it make it better than 2011. But seriously, how the heck is that going to happen. I've had an absolute blast this year, what a fantastic 12 months with some great people.

Highlights:

  • Just submitting an awards entry, never mind anything else- just submitting something!
  • A new 10-3pm Radio Show every weekday daytime on Banbury Sound and Touch FM, awesome!
  • Hosting the Godiva Festival main stage!
  • Fairport 2011 couldn't have gone any better
  • Hearing UB40 (in particular Kingston Town) live at Fairport
  • Our lads holiday in Bulgaria 
  • Finally handing in my ICT coursework
  • A day at V-Festival, revelling with the Essex faithful
  • Getting into Salford Uni
  • Seeing Bon Iver, Coldplay and City & Colour in my first semester at Uni
  • Experiencing 'Beth/Rest' live
  • Surviving and thoroughly capitalising on my first semester in the promised land of Manchester!
  • First visit to MediaCityUK
  • First Costa at MediaCityUK
  • First proper meal cooked at Uni
  • Driving my beloved car round Manchester and then an epic journey down to Bath to film the Liam Blake documentary
  • Sharing all of that with a truly magnificent group of friends and colleagues.
And in photographs: