Saturday 18 February 2012

The backpackers are on the bandwagon...

...and topically I've just purchased a new backpack from the North Face. An absolute treat of a purchase. You see I've been tolerating my laptop-bag/satchel for too long now and if I persist with wearing it I'm sure the weight is going to drag my body irreparably to the left.

Alas, now the weight is evenly distributed on my back, and the new purchase feeds in nicely to correlate with a lyric of what I am currently listening to:



That has got some quite powerful and crude lyrics in there but let the lyrical water flow off your duck like back and you'll be okay.

One of the lyrics in there is: I just been playing, I ain't even notice I was winning


There's a lot of honesty in Drake's music, and where some people may look upon that line and taste arrogance, I feel it's 100% modest. Sometimes it's important to step back from whatever situation you're in and look at the goodness. For me, it's quite apt at the moment... I have to admit this is a blog full of gratitude. Things are going really well for me at the moment and it took some reflection in the car last night to comprehend just how each component of my life is swimming along very nicely!

The big thing that has taken off recently has been my internship at Key 103. This was something that really has come out of nowhere and has gone on to dominate my days recently, hence not many blogs. I am working on OJ Borg's new drive time show, doing lots of production bits. It's so much fun, we're having a blast each day, the on-air bits are sounding good and the show is improving every day!

Delighted it's all come to fruition and I'm hoping my Bauer days are full of promise like a fat grape.

Sorry for the short scribble of a blog, will be back on more regularly soon!