Monday 21 January 2013

Physical

Sat in bed preparing for another busy week, the forthcoming seven days are a daunting prospect. All of a sudden, after a lull in some of my responsibilities at work, briefs have come flying in and I find myself about to embark on a very busy week! I am envisaging all sorts of problems, but to take heed of my uncle's ethos - "no problems, only solutions", so these are only to be overcome, not to be lingered on.

It's another busy week of awards prepping, putting the button on two entries I have an amazing confidence in! More demos and some editing on a documentary I am working on to enter into the Charles Parker Prize. I am quite keen to have a go at editing that on Pro Tools rather than my native Audition...

These presenter demos I am working on are coming along well - it was quite a nostalgic, emotional link I crafted with regards to HMV...the memories of that place are unreal (assuming it does go...) - the landmark in town where we all met on a Saturday, where you'd kill hours of the day waiting for a lift home, either in the indie aisle or over at the posters ogling at 'artwork' you didn't understand...likewise, there was the beauty of physical music, a tangible CD! I'm currently listening back to Guy Garvey on 6Music, he's just suggested we ought to be making our loved ones and friends more CDs - a great story of a couple who CD swap each month or something along those lines! I'm a fan of this idea, even though without knowing it, the exchange of music is constantly happening with Spotify sharing! Nothing quite like physical music though eh!?