Monday 5 September 2011

Country drive

Went on another drive the other night. I needed to go out to Badby anyway, but I thought I'd come back cross-country, take the camera and see if there's anything much of interest in the Oxfordshire wilderness.

As it happens, I'm a crap photographer. I don't have 'the eye' for photography. Still, I can try.

Here's the route:


I looked at the map and then followed my nose home.. sniff sniff. I started the photography in Fawsley, I found a nice lake, but it's all grey, low light and the photos look rubbish. 

I trundled along at about 30mph just enjoying a nice evening, I can't even remember what playlist I had on.. think it was my V Festival list, which wasn't ideal but I hadn't planned ahead and I've exhausted some of my other Spotify favourites. 

Stopped in Canon's Ashby - never really appreciated what a lovely village that is. Wished I still had my motorbike, could have such fun in that area!



Bit of photoshopping makes any image presentable. I moved on some more and found an amazing skyline. Caught these birds over one of the Canons Ashby volcanos.


On the whole, my trip was very enjoyable. Will do it again in some scorching sunshine soon, but with uni and city life approaching... got to get as much of the country in me as possible!