Friday 30 September 2011

On Location: MediaCityUK

We're back on location- it's 11:25, Seb is getting some scenic shots of BBC Dock House at the moment. I feel a Canon DSLR like his would be a good investment!

I've just interviewed Lisa Hill from MediaCityUK in the glorious sunshine here. A former University of Salford student, she gave us some great content for the documentary!

That makes it 2 out of 2 so far for interviews. Seb had her framed fantastically in the shot- can't wait to show you.

Down here nice and early today so we've seen the sun come up over Old Trafford to my left. Means we've enjoyed the early morning hustle and bustle of the city. Never fails to inspire me seeing so many BBC/MCUK lanyards round people's necks. I however am proud of my UoS one!

Infront of me there's that scattered line of benches, I can see a group of school kids being led past BBC Quay House, there's some sort of motivational training session happening on the lawn and there's a photo shoot going on. Very vibrant.

I'm off to Sheffield shortly, for no business, purely pleasure. Eeee that's a sleazy sentence. I'm seeing an old friend for a coffee..so I can use the train journey to mull over what we've done this week. I feel a lot has been achieved.

Outstandingly, 2 weeks in since I moved here, the course hasn't even started yet and we've got a TV and Radio programme in production. Ooo I've just seen a man drive past on a Segway....anyway, its been (as ever with my life) relentless so far in Salford.