Wednesday 28 September 2011

On Location: Salford Quays

Just put our first interview for the documentary in the bag! Spoke with the cultural/arts development manager for Salford Quays- Kathy McArdle. Set outside The Lowry Arts Centre and overlooking the beautiful Quay, we're in our element today. I was so far in my element that I had a goats cheese and onion chutney panini for lunch. that never happens.

The content from the interview is first class! we're going to be able to use so much in the programme. Seb's now got his cinematography hat on - it's golden hour. I think focus pulls and slow panning is on the menu today. He's got the 550D out reeling in some really lovely footage as I sit here in the sunshine crafting this blog together.

I'm producing the radio documentary and Seb is doing the film - the aim is to explore the journey of development for Salford Quays and MediaCityUK.

Such an inspiring day - Kathy was delighted we're doing this documentary off our own back. It's exciting to think this is step 1. The emails are flowing and interviews keep getting organised. I'd give it 3 weeks until we have a first draft!



This is exactly why I came to Salford - so much opportunity here - and looking out onto that vista......... I have big ideas.