Friday 9 September 2011

Sun studies

Part I

I've always loved sun when it comes to graphics work. It doesn't matter if you have a nice camera or how many pixels you can cram in to your videos if there's no light. Artificial lighting is something I use to bathe my work in warm light, but nothing beats the sun.

There's no need for colour correction when you can manually take advantage of the brightness, the warmth and the depth sunlight can give you.

Not to mention connotations of sun and summer with acoustic and folk music which is my favourite. It can enhance moods and music as well as photos and video.

When I went to Spain earlier this year, I spent some time using a very standard Flip video camera and doing some hand-held capture of the sun. There was no real intention to use this footage, although coupled with some of my V Festival videos, I've made a video called 'Sun Studies'.



Part II

These have received no treatment in Photoshop, just plucked straight from the tree earlier today, so to speak.