Monday 19 September 2011

New life in Salford

Ciao, and welcome along to my first real blog post from Salford.

I haven't started uni yet, induction stuff starts tomorrow. We're amid freshers week currently. It's an intense week by anybody's book! Absolutely hilarious fun, exiting and unpredictable but blimmin intense.

Because you're constantly trying to meet new people, you're always on the go. You feel reclusive if you take 30mins in your room to sort yourself out!

However, the journey so far is going extremely well. I arrived on Saturday, one of the most exhausting days of my life, with a lot of fussing, unpacking and re-configuring of my life!
We've established our flat as party central haha! So Saturday night we welcomed our housemates.

The accommodation is lovely. There's a load of 3/4 story houses spread out in a square, with a big car park and reception pavilion in the middle. Each house has about 50 people in I suppose.. so there's plenty of people to meet!

Yesterday we made our way into Manchester to 5th Avenue night club. I loved that. A great indie experience, playing some proper music!- The Killers, Stereophonics, Tenacious D etc....... I mean, any club that plays Gimme Shelter upon my arrival has won me over immediately!

Tonight we're heading for more 'Bulgaria-like' clubbing territory and I'll let you know how it goes at some point later this week.

To be honest, Its a hard task to find 15mins to craft a blog together, but through some pictures, I'll show you the highlights so far!:

Donald the kitchen radio
Our quaint little kitchen. Or Party Central. Whatever you prefer.
Upstairs in 5th Ave - in the light show! 
Bringing the Rizzle!